Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Entrepreneur 1: Handmade Paper

One of the Entrepreneurs I’d briefly like to touch on is Tesfaye. I’ve heard about him from Jeff before I left for Ethiopia and was able to immediately spot him on the first day of the Conference at the Ghion Hotel! His business is really cool, in the sense that his whole business is made from recycled materials. His business is to make paper from already recycled paper, or from banana fibres. I had the opportunity to visit his factory – which was amazing because he was able to show us the recycled materials and the banana fibres, the equipment he uses and well that most of his stuff is almost 100% handmade. I even made a paper myself! Tesfaye has become really famous in Ethiopia, supplying much of the nation with his handy crafted paper and products. Some of the products can even be found at Salem’s Design (another Entrepreneur that I’m working with – she sells amazing hand made Jewellery). I myself plan on purchasing a handmade album for all my Ethiopia Pictures, as well as a hand made paper bag with some coffee in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment