Monday, June 4, 2012

Hi Everyone!

So sorry that I havent been able to blog. Internet here is terrible, and were so busy getting ready for the conference.

SO if you need to reach me, feel free to call me at 0913518686. I get free incoming calls!

The last couple of days we basically have been running around Addis Ababa trying to photocopy the booklets for the conference. Believe it or not, photocopying takes about 8 hours just for lets say 30 pages. We had some huge troubles the first day, but now 2500 pages later, were almost done. Today were mainly getting ready for the conference and maybe going back to the Merkkattoo Market! I thought markets were crowded in China, but WOW they are much more crowded in Addis.

My experience here has been amazing so far. The first 2 days I was thinking to myself, WHAT AM I DOING HERE? And really wanted to go home, but then I met some wonderful people that helped me transition into the everyday life of Ethiopia. Of course there is alot of poverty here, and I still have to get used to the fact that as a FORENGI I am an easy target for beggars, but all in all if you walk like you know where youre going or are with a local I have been fine and feel very safe.

Anyways, I will keep you posted and write more about my adventures.

xoxo
C

3 comments:

  1. It all sounds so exciting! From your emails, it sounds like you are having an amazing time. I can't wait to hear more from you!

    Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling comfortable and enjoying your time there.

    Enjoy the rest of your time there and I can't wait to here about more of it in person.
    - Kathryn MacDonald

    ReplyDelete